Best online metronome

here is what i want…is this available online? Essentially I want a metronome that will speed itself up. In other words start at a slow speed and do 4 bars or whatever and then increase by a few clicks and do 4 more bars etc

I have set this sort of thing up before using Reaper but it would be so much nicer to just have it a few clicks away.

Any ideas? Thanks, JJ

edit. I see this old one listed but that site isnt online anymore. i wonder if this metronome is somewhere else now? In any case this is the basic idea.

maybe some variation of these type of vids is good enough

I have looked for a good online metronome on the first three pages of Google, but none of them have what I want, which is:

• The function you mention; increasing BPM every X bars.
  • High BPM resolution - not the old style where you could only increment by 4 BPM once you reached 100+ BPM.
  • Tap tempo.
  • Muting beats, e.g. muting beats 1 and 2 to train your awareness/internal tempo.

So I have bought two apps (for Android) that I have used for a year or so. The first one I used is called TimeGuru. It has all of the above, and it can randomly mute beats at a rate you specify (e.g. 50% means it will have a likelihood of 50% of not playing the sound of a beat). The app is great but the UI is not the best. I think there’s a free trial on it.
The second one I have bought is called Metronome Beats Pro. Great UI that has everything I want. It can’t do the random skipping of beats like the other one though, but I can live without that.

Sorry I can’t help you with an online metronome. I’ll be following this thread to see if someone found something good though!

1 Like

On an iPhone the “Pro Metronome” app is quite interesting/flexible.

1 Like

It’s not online or an app but TuxGuitar (it’s free) has a training mode where you can loop a set of measures and it will increase the tempo by a selected percentage each loop. For something like muting beats you could set a kick drum that only played on beats 3 or 4. Only thing missing from your list is tap tempo.

2 Likes

Pro Metronome is good, but it’s ugly as sin.

If you’re on iOS, Tempo by Frozen Ape is the best option.

2 Likes

Second for Tempo.

Or you could use Guitar Pro’s speed trainer.

That or search Progressive Metronome.

2 Likes

Huh. I used to use a metronome called YMetronome that did this - you could set it to increase a couple bpm every minute or two. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be online anymore - this is about all I found for a google search and the link is down.

https://ibreathemusic.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2330.html

EDIT - actually, this may still work:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/metronome-with-speed-up-slow-down-feature.440926/

In addition to Tempo on my phone, I just started using Groove Master Pro. Has some brilliant features and looks nice too. I feel like I’ve gotten my $10 worth in the two weeks I’ve had it.

http://groovemasterpro.com/

1 Like

If thats the one I recall using, what was great about it was that you could set ot to play for x amount of bars before increasing bpm and as it increased it would give you a count in for the new tempo. Also did odd time signatures… I miss that damn metronome…

2 Likes

It LOOKS like it’s still available for download.

I just use Superior Drummer’s standalone shell these days.

1 Like