Bill Hall A Bit Of Shredding Solo Improv On My Kramer Baretta

Hello, Everyone! I thought it would be fun to share some of my electric soloing with you all…I have been playing my electric a lot over the past week and it has been fun! Since I usually post my acoustic…I thought it might be fun to post this clip of my electric playing. Thanks for watching! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Please make a mistake once in a while or I’ll ask Troy to ban you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s kinda bullshit hey? :laughing:

1 Like

Actually @Bill_hall I’d be very curious to know more about your left hand technique, in particular the move you do at approx 0:25 to reach the higher note. I did not know it was possible to “extend and retract” the pinky so smoothly, I thought I would have to keep the hand stretched and ready at all times.
Plus you seem to do a flick of the wrist to facilitate this.

It sounds amazing and you always seem to fret the high note with great precision — any insights you might have on this would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

PS: also I love the move around 0:32. “Should I play a bit of Rhythm?”…“Naaaaa!” :smiley:

1 Like

Cool solo! I’ve been watching your recent youtube content which has been interesting and entertaining.

I’m interested in this too. Your pinky seems to move so fast I can barely see what’s going on!

1 Like

Hello, @tommo and @shinjuku! It is interesting…I have never really thought about my left hand a whole lot…it sort of has a mind all it’s own, lol! I have always had to work hard on my picking hand…I have never really worked on anything specific with my left hand…just sort of played and it worked. I will have to pay more attention to it when I am playing to understand more about what I am doing. It is weird how when you are the one doing it you don’t notice the things someone else would notice when watching. Thanks also, @shinjuku for watching some of my videos on YouTube! I am having fun posting them. I am going to do one on left hand legato technique…so I will try and show what I am doing with my little finger. :slight_smile: