Billie Eilish and Van Halen

This must be how the dinosaurs felt when they saw the asteroid.

Hold on while I change my Depends!

1 Like

I loved Wolfgang’s response here. Classy as hell, IMO.

2 Likes

He seems like a good dude. Not all celebrity kids are jerks!

2 Likes

I hope that Van Halen management reached out to Billie and Finneas to do a collaboration, it has been a long time since VH charted!

** According to the RIAA, Van Halen is the 19th best-selling music group/artist of all time with sales of over 56 million albums in the US,[6] and is one of five rock bands that have had two albums ( Van Halen and 1984 ) sell more than ten million copies in the US.[7]**

1 Like

8 billion people in the world and yet many people seem to lose their shit at the idea that people might not all know about the exact same things.

3 Likes

Heh–personally I suspect Billie was just putting on, to try to get some media attention from upset fans of Van Halen. She grew up in a wealthy entertainment family in LA, and her parents are both musicians; she’s probably been at parties with Eddie before. At any rate, I don’t think it’s cause for alarm–we’re going on about forty years of guitar being non-dominant in pop music, and no matter how good the computers get, singers like Billie can’t make songs without producers who know what a chord progression is.

2 Likes

Yeah, what makes Wolfgang’s response even classier is how many VH fans replied in a wildly different manner.

And he’s right. There’s a lot of music in this world, it’s probably a good thing if we’re not all doing the same thing.

1 Like

Van Halen is arguably lazy, they should have jumped on a cover and done this, although perhaps with the vocals:

tangential, but if Eddie treated his son the way he treated Dweezil Zappa, makes sense that he turned out to be a good dude. Somebody sent me this clip of Dweezil talking about his experiences knowing Van Halen as a kid, touching stuff.

I’ve seen this, and the Eddie stories are great. We can hope Eddie treated Wolfie the same way. Nothing but nice vibes from his various posts. This one is hilarious:

2 Likes