Billing price and username

Hi, im from Argentina and I speak spanish and the currency in my country is Peso Argentino. I´ve found two problems or issues that could be resolve I guest. The first is the billing price. When i was checking about the videos and such, the price was written with this type of format: $###, but i could not find (at least quickly) any note expliciting if the price was american dollars or what. I think it would be nice if that was clear to start, im saying this because other shoping services (steam for example) they automatically make the currency conversion, so u really know how much thinks cost. im not saying that the conversion should be there, im just saying that maybe the $ symbol could be change to U$D for example or something that right away, with a simple visual confirmation tells u that the price is in american dollars.
About the user name: My name is Ale Moré, with an accent in the E letter. If u take away the accent it would sound different. I can use my actual username (without the accent) thats not really the problem, the problem was that the system keep telling me that i was writing different usernames (ie: between the confirmation and the regular part of the form). At first I could not know if the problem was the space in the name or the é, so i try Moré and the system keep telling that i have a mismatch problem. Finally i opted for my actual username im good with it. Non the less the real problem is that the system is telling something wrong (ie: the two fields contain the same data). I could guest that there is a problem with the character encoding (totally understandable) but maybe an improve in the automatic troubleshooting could be made.

Hope this is useful
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Ale! Just so I understand, are you saying you typed it exactly the same way each time? Because if so, the system should not say there is a mismatch. If you type an accent in one box, and no accent in the “confirmation”, then that is correct - there is a mismatch.

On other hand if you typed it the same, but because of the accent the system said it was a mismatch, that’s a problem, and we’ll fix it. Let us know which one it is!

1 Like

Hi Ale - we looked into this and it appears to be a bug. You probably typed it the same, but the system thinks it is not the same because it is automatically removing accents from the first box. We will fix this today.

Thanks for pointing this out!

1 Like

Just to know. Letters with accents are not allowed in the username then?

I wrote it in the post but just to clarify i did try with different/simpler names using accent and i get the same mismatch error as a result. I even tried to copy/paste the data. Hope this helps!

Correct. That’s what was causing the problem. The system was removing the accent automatically from the first box, but not the confirmation box. So the comparison would fail, even though you typed them the same.

We just added a check for accents. If we find an accent, we respond with a message saying that they are not allowed in usernames, please rewrite name, etc. It should be clearer now.

Sorry for the confusion!

Great support man! any thoughts on the price thing?

Hey, we’ll think about this! It’s a good point and we’d certainly be open to a change here if this seems to be causing confusion for a number of users. I think it’s pretty clear we’re USA-based and therefore “$” means USD, but if we get more feedback that people are finding this ambiguous, we can definitely add something to clarify.

Yeah i know what u mean, but like i said, some web pages automatically convert the price using the location info that u provide trough cookies and such and sometimes they dont, the big problems comes when u dont know whats really happening. Maybe this seems odd for u, being from USA and basically using the currency that rules every other currency, but yeah its a little pain in the A when u are trying to buy in a foreign page. U said that its pretty clear that u are from USA, and i could say to u thats no clear for me being from another country, i could take u for a canadian for example. Is not like u start every video saying “we are here in the USA making videos for you guys”.
I know now that prices are in US dollars, so i have solved my proiblem thanks to you guys and your really fast support. I want to say to u that this not a complain at all and i hope this feedback would be useful to you. I hope this helps to give more value to the community.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I get what you’re saying — I’ll look into this further. We tend to think of the USD as being a sort of global (or at least internet!) default , for better or worse, though you’re right that shouldn’t necessarily be the case. Appreciate the feedback :smiley:

1 Like

If we were Canadian, we would not use a dollar sign - we would just put a smiley face next to our prices!

Edit: I’m just kidding! Only love for Canadians.

We looked up where they use dollar signs and we see that Argentina is one of those places. So I can understand if you thought the number had already been converted, and you were reading the Argentina price not the USD price. We’ll look into it.

1 Like