Bluegrass Flatpicker from NC

Hello everyone,

I just joined last weekend and have have been getting familiar with all the material on the site. I am a bluegrass flatpicker (and avid practicer) and have been playing flatpick guitar for about 5 years. I am hoping that some of the lessons on this site will help me with my speed of picking. As an adult learner, I realize I might not have the athleticism of folks that start at a younger age, but I am looking for an improvement. I have two sons (14 and 11 years old) who play in a bluegrass band. It is already impossible to keep up with my 14 year old mandolin player. It has been amazing to see his progress over the last 4 years, but I am hoping to find the appropriate exercises to help achieve a breakthrough. It feel like my left hand is slower than my right. I am hoping some of the synchronization of hands and a better understanding of the mechanics of the body will really help.

Eric

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks for stopping by Eric. We’ve got some Andy Wood coming up soon, both acoustic and mando, so stay tuned!

3 Likes