Bonjour from a longtime silent reader

Hi everyone !

26 yo guitarist from France here, I am usually not a forum guy but I’ll make an exception for Cracking the Code because the material is awesome.
I started guitar 10 years ago with a 2 year break. I took 3 years of lesson with a great teacher but I had to stop because I went to medical school and I didn’t have enough time to practice (that was my 2 year break). Unfortunately it didn’t work out and after two years I attended law school and I started to practice guitar alone but on a regular basis.

During my studies I watched a lot of CTC vidéos on youtube, I was really impressed by the scientific approach. Now that I have my Master degree in french private law, I dedided a few month ago to take my guitar skills to the next level. Since this day I try to practice as much as I can, focusing on every aspect of the instrument.

My biggest weakness as a guitar player is music theory and improvisation, so I just started to work with Troy Stetina’s Fretboard Mastery and Steve Vai’s theory book. I am considering Martin Miller’s masterclass on Improvisation on JTC too, maybe one day :slight_smile:
And of course for technical stuffs I am all with CTC for picking. But I also work on some Jason Richardson’s exercices and some guitar covers because it’s something I really enjoy doing.

I feel so grateful toward Troy Grady because I tried some licks and just clicked with my right hand and my picking speed increased a ton just in a few months of practice. It’s absolutely amazing and it gave me so much motivation to keep on going. So thank you very much Troy !

Concerning my personnal music tastes, I am mostly in extreme metal (black/death/tech death) but I also love a lot of different genres and artists like Yngwie, Steel Panther, David Bowie, Van Halen, SRV… I can’t mention them all but you got the idea.

I am really lucky to have some nice guitar gear at home and be glad to talk about it in the right section :wink:

Well I’ve said quite a lot for now. I am so glad to join this community and interact with the new wave of guitar shredders !!
See ya all on these pages !

PS : sorry for all the grammar mistakes.

3 Likes

Hey, welcome and thanks for giving the forum a try :smiley:

Great to hear you’re making some solid progress, and hope you continue to enjoy the site / material here! If you have questions, if you’d like to share some playing for feedback, or anything else, feel free to post here any time!

1 Like

Thank you Brendan !

The more progress I make, the more I enjoy the CTC material ! And I’ve only scratch the surface :slight_smile:

1 Like