Boss LS-2 in FX Loop?

Hello y’all.

I have a delay and reverb in my amp’s FX loop that I’d like to be able to turn on and off with one click.

Is the Boss LS-2 capable of this? I’ve never seen any demos of the LS-2 used anywhere other than the front of the amp. The LS-2 is intriguing to me due to the potential use as a clean boost as well. Thank you.

I’m not that clued up on the product, but I don’t see why not, just have 1 loop empty and the other with your delay and reverb. Not all fx-loops are created equal though and if you have long cables from your fx loop and pedalboard, you might experience some tonal differences - then again I would imagine the boss pedal has a buffer in it anyhow that will drive the signal.

I agree that it seems possible. I just hate ordering something on an assumption. I’ll try to call Sweet Water and see if anyone there can answer the question.

What amp you going through?

It’s a 6505+ amp head.

The LS2 is probably an expensive solution for this, just get hold of a 1 switch true bypass looper.

I’d buy used, but it also can be used as a clean boost too which I’d also utilize it for.

Doesn’t the 6505+ have an fx button on the footswitch?

Yes but mine is always on because I run a gate and EQ in there at all times, whereas the delay and reverb are only on while I play leads.

Ah I see, got ya…

No joke, I used to velcro a stick to both my amp channel footswitch and delay pedal for gigs - pressed both at the same time!! Those were the days!
I think that @Prlgmnr might be onto something if you cant find the boss pedal secondhand for cheap.

I’m very frugal and that’s a really good idea​:grin::+1:t2:

I even labelled it ‘the stick of doom’ to give it some integrity!

Haha I love it and that’s really cool :grin: :metal:t2: