Breakthrough that helped my speed

Hello all, i just wanted to share something with you that helped me out a lot, that i haven’t seen anywhere here yet. This was a happy accident. I have played for years and always had tension when having to pick at faster speeds. I am a DSX player primarily and even following the reverse dart videos did not seem to help me.

What i figured out is that the way my forearm would rest on the guitar, with my elbow too far back, made my wrist feel weak. I don’t have the science to tell you why this works, but it atleast makes a huge difference for me.

(I am not warmed up in these videos, it happened yesterday but only got around to recording and posting today. Actual warmed up speed may be a bit faster)

Here is a video from my old form, which is a slow speed that i had tension at (felt like a max).

Here is the new position, elbow forward almost no forearm pressure. Way faster, and tension free. With a little increase in tension i can go even faster. Immediately everything i play feels way easier.

Just wanted to share. Hope this helps someone!

Here is a clip of me playing a DSX lick at 225bpm. (sextuplets at 150 bpm, = 16ths at 225bpm)

2 Likes