for the life of me can’t figure out how to get my wrist flat against the bridge like in the wrist motion checklist without my shoulder aching and my arm wanting to shoot up in the air. If I was to place my wrist so that it laid flat it would be basically on the fretboard.
I’m certain it’s how I’m holding/sitting with the guitar because sometime I can do it and my picking becomes smooth and relatively easy and I don’t seem to have much issue standing up. So I have a few question on how you lot are holding the guitar.
- how much do you angle the neck away from the body?
- Do you sit on an angle to the guitar?( I feel like I have to twist my torso a lot)
- do you have your right leg further in front of your left leg. (to counteract the twist)
- Do you feel like you’re leaning over to one side a lot?.
- How much tilt do you give the guitars body?
I have no idea whether these are relevant question but I’m banging my head against a wall and I know when I get it right my picking is 10 times better and my down/upstrokes don’t seem stuck.