Can we revisit Vinnie Moore's Speed, Accuracy and Articulation intro solo?

Fast picking, legato, sweeping, arpeggios, jazzy lines, chordal work it’s all there. Beautiful.

Now that Hal Leonard are re-releasing all the Hot Licks video tab books I hope and pray they transcribe this intro solo.

1 Like

2 names I’d heard and never checked out pre CtC are Vinnie Moore and Shawn Lane. Embarrassed to say since both seem like required shred viewing. For whatever reason. I just never bought a single one of Vinnie or Shawn’s recordings, instructional or other.

Maybe it just goes back to Guitar World??? That is where I heard of all the other standard virtuosos like Vai, Johnson, Petrucci, Di Meola, YJM, McLaughlin etc etc etc. I think they even had an issue with the 100 greatest guitarists broken down by category. There was a virtuoso section with all the guys listed above were covered. No Vinnie, no Shawn to my recollection. I guess if they weren’t on that list I felt like they weren’t worthy of my time lol!

Anyway, sorry for the rant, thanks for sharing the video! That intro is indeed awesome. I love that jazzy part!

1 Like