Cancelled sub...then reactivated...can't see some content

As per the subject, parts of the primer appear to be off-limits to me now…I had watched up to:
https://troygrady.com/primer/forearm-motion/chapter-7-the-downstroke-sweep/
but now I get a 404 error.

Is this something you can fix for me?

I get a 404 on that link also. Is this something you had bookmarked though? Or did you find it from some other page? I don’t even see it listed on the forearm page:

Even looking at that link, I think it’s clear things have just been moved around/renamed. I arrived at that page by browsing to /primer/forearm so there is a redirect happening.

I guess there’s also the possibility that it’s deprecated content. Old things fall off the Primer, new things get added.

Still curious how you obtained the link

Could just be a really odd coincidence!

I did have it bookmarked in my browser…was reading it just the other day.

Looks like my page has been moved to the ‘Technical Reference’ section.
The ‘DPS’ section of the primer just has YJM and EJ sub-sections now.

I noticed this, too, since I’m in the process of cultivating the FW movement and noticed about a day ago content I was watching on the anglepad grip was nowhere to be found. Maybe @Troy is revamping this section like he did for wrist motion?

I also noticed their absence, so did some searching through the topics: both the RDT and Forearm-Wrist sections are under “Unlocking the Tremolo” now.

EDIT: or if you meant just a specific vid, yeah there seems to be some switching around of content.

I’ve found all the forearm/wrist instructional material in the technical reference section now.

Edit, I see that was already mentioned :sweat_smile:

Sorry for the confusion! We’ve been hard at work with a number of changes. We’ll send an email about them soon when were finished.

The short story is that we are trying to make the sequence as linear as possible without needing to jump back and forth in the Primer. A new player, starting today, would simply take the joint motion tests and move right into tutorials covering all the basic motions. That section, which used to be called “Unlocking The Tremolo”, is now called “Picking Motion Tutorials”.

In it, you will find a new introduction lesson and several new lessons in the “reverse dart” section. The new lessons include updated steps for translating your joint motion test performance to the strings, as well as an updated lesson on achieving 220bpm+ wrist motion. Over time we’ll add more here, including dart thrower, elbow, and more.

As part of this, we’ve deleted some older lessons which are now replaced by these new ones. Anything that was worth keeping we moved over into the “reference” section here:

Trying to figure out how to teach “all things” in a linear sequence is a challenge. We’re not just teaching “classical guitar” or “gypsy jazz” where you can just assume everyone gets the same message. But this moves us closer to that.

The main approach is to keep sections functional, based on * what * you’re trying to do — assess joint motion speed, establish basic motion, etc. Some of those sections will necessarily have to address several different joint motions (and their different capabilities) inside of each of those activities. But overall this should be easier to follow for someone just moving along in a straight line.

5 Likes