Can't see the video controls when watching seminars

Ehrm, I’m probably missing something simple :thinking:

When wathcing seminars from the new website, I can only see a play/pause button in the middle, and no other controls:

1 Like

Edit: Now I think I see what you’re talking about: No progress/jog bar for letting you skip around forward and backward within the regular chapter videos. I’m seeing the same problem on Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit) (Windows 7).

I generally prefer watching the videos offline via Gumroad download, so I hadn’t encountered this yet.

My previous, probably irrelevant comments below re: Soundslice.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing today. Running Mac OS Sierra and Safari

1 Like

Sorry — we’re aware of this and trying to fix it. We ran into some sort of bug with Vimeo that’s not letting us adjust the custom embed settings, and it somehow reverted to their defaults, which don’t have all the controls enabled.

Ironically this happened while trying to enable a new feature they just came out with: variable speed control. This should actually be really useful once we get it working correctly! I reached out to them about getting this fixed so hopefully will have it back to normal pretty soon.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info and no worries, looking forward to the new stuff :sunglasses:

Was looking around the site and checking videos out but don’t see any way to navigate back and forth in a given video. Keyboard shortcuts pulled out of web versions of these videos?

As Brendan mentioned above, this is a Vimeo bug that cropped up a few days ago. Not sure what went wrong over there, but we have several apologetic emails from their support staff who are apparently working on a fix. Once that comes through, you’ll see the usual navigation bar below the videos, just like there used to be in the good old days of… last week!

Sorry for the hassle here, we hope to have this back up soon.

Also FYI I just merged the new topic you created into this existing one, in case you’re wondering how it got here…the magic of Discourse :slight_smile:

UPDATE: This should be fixed now — you should see the navigation bar again for all videos. Thanks for your patience on !hat!

Also, we’ve got a nice new feature: video speed control. If you click the gear icon in the lower right of a video, there’s now an option to adjust playback speed. In addition to normal (1x) speed you can select 0.5x, 1.25x. 1.5x, and 2x speeds.

4 Likes

See them and they work now, thanks…Phew that would have been a deal breaker!