Cascades Eric style with DSX

It’s this video, but you should watch the Kiko interview too on Rick’s channel as he talks more about the picking stuff in addition to the light touch.

These things are often neglected here, but are just as important as picking hand technique. They’ve helped me immensely in the last week or so. I was having so much problems because of hand sync which I thought was a picking issue but it was “confusing my brain” as he mentions.

I’ve been relearning technique from the ground up now for a couple of years as I had developed tons of bad habits.

I’m also a DSX mostly player with a bit of crosspicking and wrist turning now, so I definitely understand the issues. It doesn’t come in a day though, just keep experimenting til you find what works and don’t be afraid to jettison anything, even if you’ve been doing it for years.

1 Like

Oh Brillo
Thank you for finding this for me. I will watch it and try this.

Cheers!

Of course, apologies you are right

Yes that seems to be the case. If you were to pick those notes with a down stroke, then an upstroke on the lower string it would put the rest of the phrase out of sync in terms of it working with DSX. This isn’t something that I use in my playing generally, but was just the easiest way for me to play this particular lick. Definitely worth developing though!

1 Like

Ok nice. Right I’m going to work on that too.

It can be done another way without any economy or legato, More of a single string approach, and played in different positions.

I’ll put the tab up for it later.

3 Likes

dover 2.pdf (83.8 KB)

Wow thanks! Yes I see all the position changes. That’s amazing that you figured that out so quick :trophy:

I’ve got to be honest, I figured it out and worked on it a bit quite a while back! so was still in my memory!

1 Like