Chapter 6 Pickslanting for Double escape question

I have watched this several times but I am wondering about something. Does doing the reverse dart thrower set up and pick wrapping to achieve zero slant and smooth motion make the double escape motion happen automatically when everything is as it should be?

The reason I ask is that there is a lot of info on the setup, edge picking, and smooth motion but I don’t see anything about how to achieve the the small semicircle motion. Does the correct setup force a 902 clock face or something similar.

That is how I am understanding it right now.

1 Like

That was my understanding. Do the setup exactly that way, and that motion inherently gives you DBX. I am often wrong though.

2 Likes

Thanks Joe. That is what seems to be happening. I will record and see.

2 Likes

Pick “wrapping”?

Must have missed this one.

1 Like

I thought it gave a dsx motion in that setup, but with slight change in direction on the upstrokes, you’d get a dbx motion. I could definitely be wrong here though. I suppose it really depends on which way you are moving the wrist from that arm position and grip.

2 Likes

You have to sort of “wrap” the pick around the index to keep the supination Troy has to achieve that same “ergonomic mouse” setup, yet also keep the pick at a zero degree slant. Pretty sure that was the recipe in that chapter.

2 Likes

:grinning: Watching this thread veeeery closely, quite interested to see how you do! Good luck! You got this! lol Let me know what you did once you get it!

2 Likes

I will let you know. I am going to submit a TC but wanna try a few things first.

1 Like