Check out my album with E.J, Gilbert, Friedman

Well I guess this is my shameless self promotion time. :grimacing: I’ve never done that on any forum, but figured it’s been long enough since it came out (2016) and this is the right place for it with the artist that guessed on it. Paul Gilbert is on the first song called “ Accelerate into the straightaways” Eric Johnson is on “gypsy woman’s got the groove” martie Friedman is on “loud but unheard” Billy Sheehan is on “killing me is your thing” Phil X is on “followed by ravens” Monte montgomery is on “the universe gives me what I want” and there’s a few other great artists that played on it as well. It was a lot of fun to make so I hope you dig it. :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Only noticing this now!

Wow did you really play with all those legends? Super cool :open_mouth:

If you’d like to share a bit of the story behind this it would be very interesting!

1 Like

Awesome. I will listen through the full album over the next few days.

2 Likes

Thanks for the message. To answer your question yes I collaborated with all these artists. They all came about thru good old connections, mutual friends or me actually being friends with them. I know Paul Gilbert’s manager so he set Me up with Paul. He recorded his parts up in Oregon were he lives. EJ knew who I was, but I went thru his manager Joe (R.I.P), and was told if Eric liked the song he would do it. Luckily he did! :slight_smile: Eric did his parts at Saucer Sounds in Austin. The studio where i recorded the album which is out in the Valley of Los Angeles owner had worked with Marty Friedman numerous times, so he did the track because of him, Marty did his parts in Japan. Billy Sheehan came about because we both have mutual friends. I’ve known Tony MacAlpine for years, and Billy toured with him with their own band, and with Steve Vai along with one of my best friends in L.A who was a tour manager. He set me up with Billy who played on “Killing Me is Your Thing” I met with Billy at his house in L.A and got to hang with him a bit which was pretty cool. He was talking about this band that he was starting called The Winery Dogs. :slight_smile: My other guitarist in my band at the time, hooked me up with Phil X who played on “Followed By Ravens” I know Monte Montgomery so that’s how he came about doing the song he played on. If any of you haven’t heard him,do your self a favor! BTW I am the singer, and songwriter on all these songs., I didn’t play one note of guitar on the whole album. I didn’t want to. I got on a kick for a while where i just focused on being a singer, and a front man. I use to do most of the guitars live along with all the vocals and it was too much on my plate. I’m currently living in Nashville developing music that’s more country, and Southern Rock. Hopefully i can get some stuff recorded soon. If any of you are fans of country music. Jason Aldeans drummer Rich Redmond did all the drums on Rhapsodic Roar. I was all set to have John 5 play on a track, but it fell thru because he had to go out on tour with Rob Zombie. I chatted with him on the phone and he said that he was a fan which was a nice validation. Also it was a long shot, but it was in the works for Eddie Van Halen to play on my album. :flushed: Steve Vai as well. Maybe next time. Thanks for listening. Cheers!

3 Likes