Check out this cover of Stochelo's solo piece Stephanesque that YouTube recommended me today

The amount of dedication to pull this off so clean is incredible! This man has put in some serious work. This should have way more views, this is unreal!

If you want to play it note for note you should try to use the rest stroke otherwise you will have probably have to alter the runs if you use this tablature to learn it.

2 Likes

Craziness! Some seriously wild guitar in there!

2 Likes

I guess YouTube likes to show me how bad I suck, and show me players who are amazing. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nahh, you don’t suck man - it’s just what you are into is all! I found that bit of truly monster guitar to be quite inspiring!

1 Like

i like the solo cause it has so many phrase flavors/soundscapes in it, and a bunch of different techniques that you can work on while learning it. but boy is that one long incredibly challenging piece. measures 80-85 that gypsy jazz style 3 string arpeggio phrase is so nice.

1 Like

The guy replied to some of my comments on the video, he said he has been working on this solo on and off for 15 years, what dedication! :muscle: big inspiration

1 Like

Dedication, indeed. Amazing stuff.

1 Like