Confusion about "subscriber downloads"

Been a grateful subscriber for a few years but not really been making the most of the site while also trying to spend more time offline, including and sometimes especially including during guitar practice. I just noticed that I have a few things in the “downloads” section of my account, including a product I don’t remember ever purchasing (full assets for the Metronomic DSX seminar) and several interviews that looking back now, I don’t even see a way to download…but there they are in my account. This isn’t a complaint at all, more just like, where did I even attach this stuff to the downloads section of my account and where can I download other seminars/lessons/interview assets for easy offline access?

I decided to make this post because I’ve found several older posts indicating that the assets I have access to in this section should not be things I have offline access to in bulk without having purchased them…but there they are, adding to my confusion about how the site works or if I’m navigating it correctly (it took me about a, uh, year to understand how to use things in the online access section of the site…obviously a ‘me’ problem). I completely understand and appreciate needing to mitigate “subscribe for one month to download things and then disappear forever” activities, but I’m not interested in disappearing forever and as I already mentioned I’ve been a member for a while.

You get a download of new products which are released during the time when you’re a subscriber. This was an “official” part of the subscription when we first started back in 2015 or so, but hasn’t been mentioned anywhere on the site in years — since I would guess at least 2018 or so — because we decided it was excessive and eventually wanted to eliminate it. But we never got around to figuring out a plan for this so we’ve still been doing it silently each time we release a new product.

What we may do is figure out some official reworking of the concept, so that if you’ve been a member for over N number of months, then you get a free download, but otherwise not. That seems fair, and rewards the long-time members who are the only ones who really remember this anyway!

2 Likes