Cool video of Bonamassa doing two way pick slanting

I’ve been experimenting with upward pickslanting because all I’ve tried to do was downward, and it seems easier to position your hand upward wise to do that. I’ve been beating my head against the wall for two years with trying to get down those EJ fives and I think one of the problems is I was never downward pick slanting enough for the pick to just push through the strings easier Tilting my pick down that far feels very awkward, and not sure how to position my hand to do it? I’m going to keep feeling it out.

1 Like

First off the muscle / neuro issue we were talking about the other day is paramount. Stopping playing until that goes away, at least temporarily, is important.

Re: USX form, there is no single way to do this, since it depends on the grip, arm position, and choice of picking motion you use. These all work together as a system. Here’s a checklist recipe for one combination of all these variables, and it is similar to what Joe does:

3 Likes

You know what’s interesting Troy? For the first time in years my fatigue, burning and pain have gone away since I brought it up the other day. I think it’s because I’m focusing on just relaxing more, and not Tensing up my muscles. I also started taking more Vitamins If in fact I do have A deficiency in that department. Knock on wood but at least I don’t think it’s a serious matter that I need to see a doctor about. :pray: I’ll check out your video. Thanks as always for your input. :+1:

Fingers crossed, but please keep an eye/ear out for recurrence and don’t play through any pain!

2 Likes