Cracking the cod

This site shows up on our bank statements as
Cracking the cod.

My wife had questions but I think she believes it’s a guitar site now and not something weird

7 Likes
3 Likes

Cracking the Cod = Cracking the Code, except for fishing rod casting techniques.

Somewhere in an alternative universe there is an entire forum of guys posting their casting techniques, getting into arguments over fishing line gauge and rod handles, and having 100 post threads about the best way to build casting speed.

2 Likes

Yep, there was some explaining to be done re: Cod Cracking…

1 Like

Hahaha oh no, we’ve been outed! There’s no putting the genie back in the bottle now.

1 Like

One particular guy constantly going on about how fishing was a lot better in the 70s and these kids these days with their burgers and cheese food slices don’t know what’s best for them.

6 Likes

There’s also the evergreen “yes he caught a white shark with his bare hands, but he has no feel”

5 Likes

And, there’s of course the way that one guy from Sweden cracks his cod… totally broke it wide open, basically made it so that nobody ever cracked cod the same way again…

1 Like

That Swedish guy totally smokes his cod!

1 Like

And they all imagine themselves as Hemingway’s Santiago:

3 Likes

This is a great thread

1 Like
  • Stares down 12 lb cod…

’ I WILL enleash the FOCKING Fury…!!!"

Cod cracks…

2 Likes

lol please don’t ban me…

So this marlin swims down by the coral and hears those familiar harmonic minor lines and diminished arpeggios, the crazy guitar lines and total neoclassical fury totally recognizable - even under water and he’s like…“gasp… is that…?? Could it be…?”

But a shrimp says, “no it’s a cod - he thinks he’s Yngwie…”

1 Like

My brain went straight to led zepps mudshark.

Are you saying I posted my casting speed question in the wrong place?

4 Likes

I guess now we know why Yng went for the scalloped fretboard.

7 Likes

Hahaha Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

1 Like

We do seem to have a suspicious number of picking anglers on here…

6 Likes

How did we miss “Koi Grady”…

7 Likes