Critique my downpicking

Got a bit tired during MoP but the rest was fine, imho. (: I’ve been trying to use more of a dart throwing motion when downpicking. Once I started doing it, I finally understood what people said, that it’s like your pick is bouncing off the string or that you’re just tapping the string, or whatever it is.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mtOXAIODnGc

Theres not much to critique man, what do you think is wrong?

1 Like

Honestly, nothing lol. I decided to send it just in case someone had a tip I’d never heard before and because I don’t know many of people who play, so I don’t really know what experienced people have to say about my technique, whether I’m doing something harmful or not. But good to know I’m on the right track.

Do you mean “reverse dart thrower”? that would be more compatible with the posture you are demoing here.

Generally, you can check whether this has similar speed/endurance as what you would get by just tapping on a table. That gives you a good measure of where you’re at!

In any case I see you are a MIM subscriber, so would recommend to make a TC on the platform to take this further!

In my mind I was doing a dart thrower motion but now that you mention it, might be a straighter version of the reverse dart throwing motion.

What’s TC?

1 Like

Ha sorry! I’m referring to the technique critique feature for subscribers, which we have introduced in 2022. In a nutshell, it’s more like a 1:1 with us (the instructors), and we also have a better system for storing and slowing down videos, keeping track of progress etc. compared to the forum.

Forum TC is of course still great to have a general overview of where you’re at and have interactions/ gather suggestions from the community.

The subscribers-only TC is a little more technically focused and structured:

1 Like