Crosspicking junkie

Troy, I just rejoined your one-of-a-kind site after not seeing enough ( for me) to do with instruction on crosspicking. I joined temporarily when you did the Molly Tuttle, David Grier, Andy Wood sessions which were fun but not as detailed as I need ie. drills, etc. The more headway you make the more impressed I’ve become. I didn’t get a chance to watch the session today live but I will for sure when it is uploaded. I rejoined with the belief that we will get a path to follow that is similar to the lessons for pickslanting. I will be uploading a vid of where I am for feedback soon to find out if I’m on the right track. Your analysis is always so good and is a feature of this site that is invaluable. I tried the Tuttle technique for awhile and had a little trouble transitioning from strum to picking that she does so effortlessly. So my longtime way of playing contained a lot of arm hopping as well as stringhopping I thought doing something completely different might mitigate the process of unlearning. But your technique of laying the guitar in my lap (genius) was something I’d never thought of and has helped exponentially in calming my arm down so I’ve gone back to the supinated approach (although on stage it does sometimes rear it’s ugly head because of nerves). When I was a member last year I felt like I was the only person who was interested in crosspicking but now the ocean seems full. Yey. I know you said that you’ve got a lot of video to get out which is going to take a lot of time. I’m just letting you know that whenever you can get time to think, we are waiting as patiently as outpatient
crosspicker wantabes can be. That is, looking hopefully every hour of every day while we practice what you’ve found so far. Thank you for your efforts for the CTC crosspicking nation. ( I hope that’s not an exaggeration).

2 Likes

Hey Mike, sorry we missed this earlier! Thanks for re-subscribing. I hope you’ve come across our recent crosspicking workshops, we’ve now got all the material uploaded to the platform:

https://troygrady.com/channels/talking-the-code/crosspicking-with-the-wrist/

https://troygrady.com/channels/talking-the-code/crosspicking-with-the-wrist-and-forearm/

These two together are our best yet tutorials on crosspicking movements; I think you’ll find them quite helpful. When you have a chance to take a look we’d love to know what you think.