Curt Mitchell, Van Halen

I mean that’s all subjective. There’s no guarantee everyone will share those sentiments

I’m not much of a gamer, so the analogy is lost on me.

If you can’t objectively define what “it” is in the first place, there’s nothing to tone down. “It” doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone.

I think we all have a certain inbuilt understanding and appreciation of low definition art.
The brown sound is good for Ed’s playing. It’s not good for everything.

That’s where you need context. The people most likely trying to get Ed’s sound are likely the same people trying to stylistically play like him, or playing something stylistically adjacent.

It’s also an assumption to proclaim that everyone understands and appreciates lo-fi art on some level. There may be some that don’t, and there are likely many who are completely indifferent.

I don’t disagree :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Anyone reading this appreciates low fi art though, or is engaged in it, as we’re just text. So it’s a solid assumption.

Ok, then take my comment as: what I dug the most in that video is how the licks from Fair Warning sounded with the SD Custom Custom. :smiley:

1 Like

I had so many Curt Mitchell VHS tapes. The dude could play and was a tone monster. He’s like a human Kemper or modeler. Learned a lot from him.

1 Like