Cyrus Pireh "Extreme Esquire Speed"

Guy does 13 straight minutes of reverse dart / forearm strumming, plus 10+ minutes of periodic elbow hyperpicking with a SPOON that sounds like an EBow shorting out. And the playing is tasty. Maybe the most original guitar video you’ll watch this year.

7 Likes

Holy cow! Pretty impressive!

I watched this a few days ago, came up in recommended videos. Pretty wild, for sure!

i see 9 pegs… what kind of mysterious guitar is he playing? only 3 strings are doubled up?

for a second i wasnt watching the video i thought the stream was skipping on my old laptop. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wondered the same thing…

1 Like

He’s explained in the comments that he was using a 12 string guitar, and found out that the double low E string didn’t sound as good as a single one. He then said that he also just never uses the high E string on his guitars anyway, so he got rid of it, leaving 9 strings.

His work reminds me of Henry Kaiser a lot, and I really love the glitchy-synth sound of the spoon stuff.

2 Likes

ah thanks i forgot to look under the details. yea it tripped me out earlier i was listening to it in the background, and the laptop i use is already on deaths door. i have to have a video playing at all times cause either the memory or hard drive is bad, because if i don’t it will freeze in a few minutes forcing me to reboot. so when it started glitching, i thought it was my computer skipping. :rofl:

1 Like