Do I need to tweak anything?

Hey everyone been playing for 29 yrs and decided after watching a recent video of my playing I need to hit the woodshed and get my technique tight. Starting back at the beginning and just did a video of the ping pong sixes. Whenever you have a chance to see if I may need to tweak something. My goals are total domination of my technique so I can burn whenever the inspiration hits. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Have a blessed evening!

Looks and sounds good to me!

If I had to nitpick I heard perhaps one or two places where the two hands were not 100% synchronised - let me know if you noticed the same. But I’d say this is 99% clean and would sound 100% clean in a mix!

More broadly, I think this type of lick is something you can clearly do! If there’s anything where you feel stuck we’d be happy to take a look at that as well!

Another comment after watching again: this is obviously an all-USX (upstroke escape) lick, but I am not 100% sure your hand is doing USX all the time.

Can you also play it starting with an upstroke, so that is becomes all DSX (downstroke escape)? Which one feels easier?

Tommo thank you for the feedback! Yes I noticed the sloppy synchro but had decided to post it anyways. I tried to do it with DSX but found it very tricky and felt like my top of my hand was getting hung on the strings. I’m definitely working on all these aspects but trying to focus on my forearm anchor. I notice over the last 2 years I’ve let my forearm do more rotation with my anchor points not set as firmly and that might be one of the reasons I feel like my twchnique has loosened up too much. I’m working hard on correcting it and I will post another video after a week or so of focused intention with practice. Thank you and have a blessed evening!

Sloppy may be an exxaggeration - there were only a couple of spots where this was noticeable. In general it’s a very good idea to post an “average” take rather than a cherry-picked one, so we can have a realistic look at things :+1:

No problem! I was just curious to check whether you may have a “DSX mode” hidden somewhere that you are not exploiting.

To be honest your video did not give me the impression of a “loose” technique. The movements seem nicely memorised and repeatable.

I think you are at a stage where you should not spend too much time on repetitive exercises - you may benefit from introducing variety, e.g. via actual songs, etudes etc. - things where the techniques you are working on are embedded into a bigger musical picture.

The variety itself may help you feel your way towards a more comfortable hand setup, without the need to micromanage details of where your hands are placed etc!