Double Stop Bends?

How do you guys play these? I find them nearly impossible at the moment. At lower frets I’m using one finger per note and it depends on the particular lick to choose which set of fingers to utilize. I feel this sounds just okay.

On the higher frets though, are we just using the ring finger and barring the notes?

The licks I’m focusing on are mostly played by Slash in GnR and oftentimes after the bend, the double stop is pulled off to a double stop on a lower fret. like 12-12 on B & E, bend up a half step, release on 10-10.

1 Like

Hey Ryan! Can you post a picture of your fretting hand posture when you are doing these bends?

Also, what length scale and string gauge are you playing?

Let me get to that a little later Tommo, but will do!

I’m playing a Les Paul Traditional with 10’s.

2 Likes

No probs, whenever you get to it!

One general comment that may or may not help is that the “blues” hand posture, with the thumb over the neck, tends to facilitate all things bendy.

In contrast, bending with the thumb behind the neck tends to be more awkward / unreliable. Unless your name is Chris Poland of course :slight_smile:

Beautiful guitar :drooling_face::grin::grin:

1 Like

I love it so much dude. I’m a lefty and I got it for a steal, too. $1250 very lightly used.

@tommo I got the thumb over of course! always!

1 Like