Downloading Interview Tabs

Just curious, but is there any way to download an interview’s complete clip tab files at once (as the old Gumroad interface allowed) as opposed to downloading each clip’s tab individually?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey! Good question. For anyone who owns the download version of an interview (or other of our products) we soon will have a way to download all the materials for this product directly from troygrady.com, without using Gumroad at all.

For subscribers, one thing we have done is credit a free download copy for new things we release while you’re subscribed. Yes, it gets a bit complicated…but we felt this was a good compromise so subscribers can download new stuff, without opening it up so much that a new member can pay for a single month and immediately download everything on our site.

Still thinking about what makes most sense, long term, for subscriptions + downloads. I feel like the gradual trend is shifting from downloads > “streaming everything” but it’s also clear downloads are still really useful in a lot of situations. Open to suggestions!

1 Like

At the risk of hijacking the topic, one of the reasons I prefer downloads is because I have keyboard shortcuts set up in VLC for jogging around inside videos in a way that’s comfortable for me, and I find that repeating parts of a video, or skipping ahead to a part I want to rewatch from a previous sitting, is way more of a pain without those keyboard shortcuts. Not to mention that doing that approach offline with a local copy has effectively no noticeable latency at all, and even a small amount of latency with a streaming version is irritating by comparison.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, @Brendan. That makes sense to me, especially from a business perspective. My vote would be for always permitting some sort of tab download option as opposed to only being able to access tabs when streaming the Spundslice material. In my case I work on most MIM stuff offline, and having tabs available is quite helpful - especially for the lengthy tune transcriptions!

1 Like

@Frylock power user, I salute you! :wink: But seriously, that does sound cool. We’ve built some useful features only available on the web version, like links between clips <> interview video so you can click any clip in the timeline to jump to where it’s played in the video. But no way around the streaming latency!

@Montreal543 also good to know! We do have the links on each clip page (below the Soundslice player) to download PDF and Guitar Pro versions. Our thinking is for a given practice session you could download a few individually without too much trouble e.g. for using in the Guitar Pro mobile app or opening from Dropbox. Bulk download for offline use can be tricky because .zip files are a pain on mobile devices. But always happy to get more feedback / consider changes for this kind of thing.

1 Like