DSX fatigue/wrist pain

Hello. I’m not sure if anyone else has this issue, but although I got myself able to play DSX/“Antigravity” mixed escape stuff, I find that my wrist gets a bit stiff and sore after only around 10 minutes, whereas with USX I can play seemingly forever. Is this likely to be a specific issue with my technique? I also have rickety, clicky hypermobile joints, too, so I’m also wondering if that could be an issue. Thanks for any insight.

1 Like

I have some “stock answers” for you :slight_smile:

1. in general, do not accept pain / soreness. Pushing through it can lead to injury! It’s usually better (and possible!) to find a different technique that doesn’t hurt and achieves the same goal
  2. if you can post a video so maybe there’s an obvious difference in your USX vs DSX techniques that we can spot
1 Like

I’m not entirely familiar with how this forum works. Can you upload videos directly here, or do they have to be linked? If linked, do they have to be linked from a specific site such as YouTube?

Uploading to YouTube and pasting the link in a comment works for me. Also, if you have a paid membership, you can open a technique critique for more direct and in-depth feedback with the option to upload videos directly without YouTube.

Hello again. I’ve managed to put up a short video. I hope it is usable, I’ve never made a video before. Plz ignore sloppy playing. I’ve tried demonstrating both what I perceive as USX and DSX in the clip. Also, apparently YouTube automatically makes short videos into “Shorts” now. I can try again if need be.

Quick PSA that youtube shorts are a little more annoying to embed, but there’s a simple fix: How to post Youtube Shorts on the Forum

I already fixed the link for you so the video can play directly here on the forum :slight_smile: