Efficient slow and medium tempo technique

Hey guys, I’m still quite new here, finding my way through the pickslanting course and all the content on this site. I’ve been training elbow motion which felt really right in the beginning, my tremolo is getting better and faster and slowly I am learning some single string lines and licks in fast tempos.

As a consequence of this elbow motion, I am using DSX and UWPS, which feels great and efficient for fast speeds regardless of its limitations, because every technique has its limitations. However, for slower tempos, DSX seems really limiting, because many simple licks and solos become quite unplayable, or really hard with this technique.

So what I need some tips is: is there a good way to train efficient DBX motion for slower tempos? Like, some technique which I can develop in parallel to elbow motion, which can be user for these slower speeds? Of course there is stringhopping, but I feel that training with inneficient motion can hinder my progress in the medium and longer terms.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey there!

Many players have different techniques for different tempos, so that is definitely a thing you can do :slight_smile:

I think the simplest advice we can give is to just select some phrases and licks you’d like to play but are giving you trouble, and post a short video here so we can take a look! Filming instructions attached:

1 Like