EJ clip in the new CTC Gambale Analysis

Hey Everyone - I was just enjoying Chapter 2 of the new Gambale analysis, which I highly recommend, and at about 3:00 in, there’s a great clip from Eric Johnson’s 1990 Austin City Limits performance during “Desert Rose.” The clip caught my ear not just because it features one of my favorite passages from that performance, but also because a fellow CTC forum member @Medium_Attempt actually transcribed that very passage a couple years ago and graciously posted it on the forum. I’m linking to that thread here and attaching an image of the transcription for anyone who might want to learn it. Enjoy!

Thread:

Transcription:

3 Likes

Appreciate that my dude!

1 Like

Wait, is this USX compatible?

It looks to me to be “mostly” USX compatible, although there would need to be some judiciously placed slurring to play some of those single notes on a string with USX. @Medium_Attempt wrote “I tried to match [fingerings/positions]…with the video footage but some things were hard to see. There may be mistakes.”

Yeah that’s what I figured. That works, plus I don’t have the EJ stuff down enough yet to play it without some slurring “help” anyway.