Electro Acoustic ideas

Interested in buying an electronic-acoustic guitar which plays like an electric. By this I mean has the action of an electric straight out of the box…and obviously sounds great plugged in. I played on my friend’s ovations a few years back which had an amazing action on it and required very little by way of finger pressure for the left hand.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

1 Like

Godin probably have something that’s in this sort of vicinity

1 Like

The A6 is their current offering, but I’ve not played one.

The Acousticaster was the previous version, which was in production for a long time and can probably be found used of Reverb or eBay. I’ve played a few, they were nice. Easily the most “electric” feeling acoustic guitars I’ve played. My father owned one for a long time. I think I actually first learned Cliffs Of Dover (it might have been Trademark) on it, because my Strat was being refretted.

It’s not the kind of “acoustic” guitar that you would record with a microphone, it’s not the right guitar for “modern” acoustic playing (the Michael Hedges percussive alternate tuning style) at all and probably wouldn’t be ideal for singing/playing unplugged (at parties, café gigs, etc).

Another option would be a Fender Acoustasonic, or Yamaha Silent Guitar.

1 Like

Steel string? Check out the Taylor T5 series