Estimated release dates

One thing that I would like to see on the site is a section for upcoming interviews, like the sneak peaks you post on your YouTube page, but with an estimated date of when you will be releasing it.

What do you think? :cloud:

5 Likes

Hey, yes, I do think this is a good idea! Definitely something we’re thinking about and we’ll work on figuring out the best way of doing this. It may be tricky to give actual date estimates because we don’t always know how long it will take to deliver a new thing. For example some interviews are more straightforward than others to edit, some have more complex musical examples to get tabbed out, some things may require multiple interviews or involve additional production.

But in general we do want to come up with some process of better communicating what we’re working on, and what you can expect to emerge in the near to medium term from Cracking the Code land. We have a few ideas for this and we’re open to suggestions so would love any other thoughts from you all on what would work well here.

One thing we’d like to try is posting more frequent news updates — we can do this as blog posts that show up in the “news” section on our site, and we can set up a way to link these with the forum so that each post creates a new topic that people can comment on here. Up til now we’ve mainly just used our blog for major product announcements and longer articles, but going forward we can try to post more “status updates” and other short things.

We also want to move away from our model of delivering one huge but relatively infrequent update at a time, and instead get you guys new stuff as soon as we have it ready. We’re more equipped to do this with the new platform since we can add things to the site, large or small, without having to worry about making sure they’re part of a larger product. We also plan to do more live broadcasts on a regular basis. We just finished moving to a new studio which will make this easier and we should have more of that sort of thing coming in a few weeks.

One idea, related to the more frequent blog posts, is to also make a more regular email newsletter that’s basically a roundup of any new things we’ve come out with. We can set it up so that you get an email for each new blog update. Either as we add them, or once a week or something. Maybe we can make it a thing you could turn on or off if you wanted less frequent emails. Does that sound like something that’d be helpful? Let us know and we’ll see what we can do!

1 Like

Thanks @aliendough

What I think - the idea of putting out more frequent updates is great, I like to get as much new material as I can each month. :slight_smile:

I think linking up the new blog posts with the forum would be beneficial to someone like myself. Now that there is a CTC forum I am less likely to check the front page of the site, unless I’m planning to watch an interview or lesson. Having blog posts linked to the forum would be a good way to keep updated.

I am happy to also get email updates - maybe you could send out an email to all subscribers of the site and ask them if they want to opt in to an email update newsletter?

1 Like