EVH 5150 iii owners out there?

I have the 50w combo with the attnuator.
I like the amp a lot.

Anyone else own one? Have you ever upgraded it?

I’ve got the 50 watt head and love it!! No mods. I did get replacement knobs for free from Fender though after I emailed their customer service department. The original knobs cracked due to a design flaw.

Cool. They sent you chicken head knobs?
I’m not a big fan…
Amp is LOUD!!!
I wish the clean channel. … was truly clean, but I can live with it…
Sounds awesome

Yeah new chicken head knobs. I’m not the biggest fan of them either, but these have held up vs the originals. I actually really like the cleans I get, although I mostly live on the blue channel​:grin::metal:t2::guitar:

What r u running that head into?
What guitars to you use?

I’ve got the EVH 1x12 cab for home use and the 4x12 cab for playing out. I use an Ibanez RG652, 570, and 550…all with passive medium output pickups and tuned to standard. I use a Maxon OD808 as a boost with 0 gain and max level on the front. In the effects loop, I run an analog delay pedal and analog reverb pedal. What are you running through yours?

I mostly play thrashy type prog music, as well as instrumental stuff.

Very nice. I have the 50w combo, I’m just using digitech rp 360 in the loop, for some delay,chorus, eg… I have an Ibanez premium 30yr anniversary. … pretty awesome guitar. … I just got a Charvel DK Pro Mod which I can’t stop playing. …

Have you any experience using a looper pedal with overdrive? I can’t seem to get it to work?

I love the necks and contours of my Ibanez guitars. The Charvel probably plays like butter! It’s been a few years since I used a looper. I think I used to run it either after my OD in the front, or at the end of my FX loop. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give you better guidance than my foggy memory.

I used to have a 100-watt 5150 iii head going into a 4x12 cabinet (now I’m one of those Kemper zombies). A trick I found in the manual of all places, was cranking the master output on the clean channel and using the gain for volume control. The result was a surprisingly Hendrix-y/SRV kind of sound from a \m/ kind of amp. I guess it brought that Fender DNA out.

That’s a cool trick!! I’ll have to try that out when I get home and see how it fares on the 50 watt.