Evidence of improved speed!

Thought you’d appreciate this story and clip:

I tracked this solo about 7 months ago after much work on USX (not my strong suit) and learning “Tornado of Souls” and you can hear it particularly on the last lick ---- right out of Marty’s playbook!

I did a few improvised takes settled on this one. For the video, I tried to re-learn it note for note but couldn’t! That fast downward run eludes me still! Funnier, when I listen to the DI signal with no effects, I hear open string ring out and the last few notes of the run sound sloppy - hardly even pitches!

So, I learned the whole thing and got a few cleaner takes… but none of them sounded as cool!

Here’s an incomplete draft of the whole song, by the way. I love Katie’s voice!!

I’ve been a member for just at one year and the info and help here have been the best thing that ever happened to the technical part of my playing. I never would’ve attempted a fast run like that one year ago. Thank you @Troy and @tommo for all the guidance!

2 Likes

Cool man! You guys look like you’re having a blast and it translates really well to the tune!

1 Like

Thanks, Mike! I hope to keep up the fast solos in our tunes!