Exploring different pick grips over the years!

finally after so many years I’m able to feel the hopping over the string while DWPS. I’ve been messing around with a few different pick grips to see if it would make me feel a difference in my right hand. Still struggling a little bit if I can get some more help that would be great! I’ve only been improving with the help of Troys videos and this forum and a lot of practice!

Keep it up! Only thing that I would suggest is backing down or even better still, turn off the delay effect. It either A - covers up the occasional flubbed note or B - makes it sound messy in general and doesn’t do justice to good picking in my opinion. Makes it harder to critique as well.

1 Like

Along those lines, use the bridge pickup. Neck is looser and can be more forgiving.

1 Like

the funny thing about that “trailing edge” picking style…you go thru all those weird contortions to pick with the trailing edge…yet if you are alternate picking you are still doing half the pickstrokes with the leading edge lol

So I guess if someone says “do you pick with the leading edge or trailing edge?”…id say “yes” lol

1 Like