First post, new member (shred inside)

Hi guys! I’m Torje Amundsen, I’ve done an interview with Troy Grady once at Larvik Guitar Festival while writing my Bachelor thesis about guitar technique and Shawn Lane. I’m a huge Shawn Lane, Buckethead and Allan Holdsworth fan so I’ve been obsessed with their technique over the years. Also Brett Garsed, Scott Henderson, Frank Gambale, Chris Poland, Marshall Harrison, Don Mock, Michael Angelo Batio, Rusty Cooley etc.

Right now I’m spending time on practice and making music in my home studio.
In three months I’ve been playing guitar for 17 years since I bought my first Epiphone sg special with a roland cube 30 in 2004.

I’m interested in jazz rock fusion, djent, death metal, classical, balkan gypsy jazz, electronica you name it. I’m all about guitar technique and I’m here to learn and discuss these things which I have a great fascination for :smiley:

I’m mostly self thought through youtube but I’ve had at least five teachers over the years and I’ve also been teaching myself (not like that, I’ve been teaching others I mean xD).

I have spent almost all my time on improving my technique on my guitar and I play 8-string guitars exclusively. I’ve been building a home studio for years which I’ve named Amundsen Studio where I record music.

I’ve watched almost all the material which is free and I think I’ve bought some material too over the years.

Yes, I can play a scale, I’m all about the scales actually. I see chords through scales, not the other way around.

Here is a short clip I recorded today of some shred :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome Torje.

In that video you posted I can definitely hear a Shawn Lane/Holdsworth influence.

Reminds me of Marshall’s clip here:

I don’t know if you can watch that but maybe you’d like that interview for some extra licks to learn.

3 Likes