Floyd Rose Speed Guide - new guitar that trains you to pick?

Thanks for the clarification @Troy! Almost obvious in hindsight, yet I hadn’t thought about this distinction until now.

Using a speed guide before it was cool.

Imgur

I’ve seen strats and tellies set up like this for years. Use this method myself. I put a pickguard under the strings between the neck and middle pickup. Works great for tremolo . Down near the bridge I like to pick a litter deeper.

1 Like

Make a pick guard out of a mouse pad and attach it with Velcro tape. You won’t hear anymore tapping.

2 Likes

Just learn Emperor riffs you’ll learn shallow picking depth or get carpel tunnel in short order.

I think this just happened to me last night. It’s hard to describe. I’ve been trying to just floor some tremolo picking recently and something where this smoothness took over suddenly crept in. I’m usually horrible at identifying what’s changed when something like this happened, but it was clear to me that I was using just the tip of the pick. Now lots of things are in flux but I’m excited. The whole pick trajectory that CtC made me realize was lacking in my playing opened up lots of avenues. I think this may be the other piece of the puzzle.

Feeling inspired to practice…but work is absolutely off the rails right now…

1 Like