Forum : "changed" thread vs "seen" thread

Hi,

On the home page of the forum, a thread already visited but having a new message appears with a white title whereas one without any new message remains in light-grey.
My feedback is that the difference between those two color-choice is not that strong on some screen (depending on your viewing angle), which to my mind is an accessibility issue (the forum user experience is worse on poor displays).
Plus, only the difference in color tells the informations, that “changed” state is not told to the user using another UI element so the colors must appear different enough imho.

Cheers !

1 Like

Thanks, good feedback! An easy adjustment to make, so just made that change with a slightly darker grey for “read” topics. Screenshots here of the difference:

Old:

New:

Hope this helps, I do think it’s more clear now!

Another thing to note that’s not immediately obvious: on every topic you can change your notification settings (the button that starts as “normal” — can be changed to “watching”, “tracking”, or “muted” — and if you select watching / tracking then you’ll also see that little gold badge with new post count in the topics list too. I believe Discourse will automatically change this notification level if you reply in a topic or read a certain amount, but can always manually set it too.

2 Likes

Thanks Brendan !

The framework (if it is one) for this forum is very impressive by the way.

No problem! Yeah we’ve been really happy with Discourse, which this forum runs on. Great project, flexible and open source, setting the standard for the next generation of forum software:

2 Likes

Heck yeah man. :+1::ok_hand::facepunch: