Greetings from Denmark

Hi all! I have been playing since '94, starting out on classical guitar and for the last 16 years mainly playing pick style on electric and acoustic.

I was very thrilled when I got an email from CTC after signing up a long time ago. Watching the Antigravity seminar was really fascinating for, especially as it mentioned some of my all time heroes, Al di Meola and John McLauglin.

Later on, the Cascade seminar was added and that was really cool for me, since I have always wondered how Eric got those speeds on pentatonics.

Befor CtC I knew about economy picking and the McLauglin scale, Al di Meola six note pattern (the Pepsi lick) but the pickslanting concept has taking my picking to a new level.

So, thanks a lot to the CTC team, I really appreciate the effort. Good times :guitar::v:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome. Since you’re from Denmark do you follow Claus Levin on YouTube? Another great teacher.

1 Like

Thank you, @guitarenthusiast, I haven’t check him out except a few videos. very causally. I guess it is a consequence of having the www… not knowing what is in your own backyard … :slight_smile: if you have some favorites of Claus Levin, feel free to post them.

I did study with this youtube phenomenon, if you are into konnakol, maybe you know him. His name is Henrik Andersen (Danish - not Norwegian, as someone else on this site thought). He is also a McLaughlin fan and this clip is why I originally sought him out.

Henrik Andersen - John McLaughlins secret “Finger Pattern” volume #1

Henrik Andersen - John McLaughlins secret “Finger Patterns” volume #2

Henrik Andersen - Finger patterns #3 - “Develloping new ideas w rhythm”

3 Likes

His name is Henrik Andersen (Danish - not Norwegian, as someone else on this site thought).

Haha I think that was me. Cool that you got to study with him. I got a lot of ideas from his videos.

2 Likes