Greetings from Lemon Grove, California

Greetings,

My name is Paul, and I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself. I have been playing guitar at various levels of commitment for over 40 years. Mostly these days, I play a version of finger style (pseudo classical) on nylon-string, but also some classic rock on electric. I have long admired the prowess of players such a Yngwie and EJ, but never really strived to play their stuff.

I am excited now to hopefully gain a little more technique, and possibly pick up an electric lick or two inspired by some of the greats. I confess that – after this many years of playing – I have gotten moderately fast, but I cannot keep up with – for example – many of Troy’s demonstration licks in the videos. I wonder if my habits are by now too hard-wired, but I will at least try to gain some technique improvements from the videos.

Kindest regards to all,

3 Likes

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum and sorry for the delayed reply, missed this earlier! Hope you’re finding some useful stuff here on the site so far.

Definitely let us know if you have questions, want to share some video for feedback, or anything else we can help with!