Greetings from San Francisco!

Hello, Mickey here from SF. I’m excited to be a part of this new community! I’ve been playing for about 10 years non consecutively now (4 years, then took a 7 year break, then 6 years starting back up).

I love 80s rock and metal. EVH, Paul Gilbert, Whitesnake, Ratt, Dokken, Steve Vai, DLR, Yngwie, Ozzy, you name it. I would love to play like them and always wanted to ever since I started learning how to play guitar.

I’ve had lessons with different teachers. I am currently studying with Cameron Cooper (YouTube) through Skype. I haven’t really learned technique per se, but I can play a couple EVH albums worth front to back. I’ve watched a lot of the Troy Grady stuff but only scratched the surface.

I can play Eric Johnson pentatonic runs pretty good and pretty fast. I’m trying to learn the Yngwie REH video and his style at the moment. I’m learning how to arpeggiate chords and play his licks all over the neck.

My goal is to play like EVH, Eric Gales, Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, Vai, John Sykes, and Jake E. Lee all at the same time. I wonder if it’s possible with a high school teacher’s schedule :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Mickey_Mick !

The two statements seem mutually exclusive to me :wink:

Let us know if there’s anything we can help you with, and I’m sure many people around here will benefit from your EVH expertise!

2 Likes

Thanks @tommo! I guess I downplayed the importance of tapping and super fast pentatonic licks. :slight_smile: