Greetings From Utah

I am a 27 year old dude from Utah. I have been a fan of music for as long as I can remember. I grew up taking piano lessons and switched over to the guitar around the age of 15. I have been trying to progress since then but have been stuck in a loop.

I bought the pickslanting primer and I am excited to start that. Any suggestions for that would be great.
Also any suggestions on where to go after that.

My all time favorite band is Opeth. But I enjoy everything from Classical, folk, jazz, hip hop, to anything I really connect with. Excited to start here and see where my journey goes. Thanks in advance for any tips!

2 Likes

Welcome, thanks for joining! We generally recommend starting with the Primer, so sounds like you’re on the right track getting started. You can watch through everything in order and experiment with grips, motions etc. as you go.

Beyond that, no specific path, but we have lots of interviews you can check out depending on your musical interests. I like to suggest trying a few searches for any topics you’re curious about as well, as there are a ton of great discussions here that aren’t always super easy to find just browsing, but will likely turn up for specific queries.

And of course feel free to share any thoughts, questions, or feedback here as you go through the material!

1 Like