Greetings + MERCI

Hi !

I’m a 22 years old student who just got his guitar back from the attic ! Didn’t touch it for 10 years, and I have been playing this week more than I have ever in my entire life maybe, I’m just loving every seconds of it.

I discovered Troy Grady’s channel on youtube with the CtC about Michael Angelo Batio. And, oh my oh my. I was stunned. I’m a youtube guy, been on the site for a very, very long time, watching hours of videos of any kind per week.

BUT this was one of the best videos I’v ever seen, really. Everything is perfect in this video. Story telling, nerdy theory, INTERVIEW, amazing skills by Troy, etc… I watch maybe 4 hours straight of the channel right after that.

It is just amazing guys, you are doing a fantastic work, we are so lucky to have you ! I just took one month membership - As a student it’s complicated to subscribe for 6 months right away - and I really wasn’t expecting SO MUCH QUALITY ! The pickslanting primer is un chef-d’oeuvre, I can’t wait to really get into this. I need to pass some online exams from my uni first, meh. I’m defenitely gonna save up some money for the longer membership, if I’m still playing at the end of the month !

But as a kid that I still am, I couldn’t wait to be done with my exams, and as small as it is, I just wanted to give a bit of money contribution to thank you guys for this amazing work. I would have paid this first month only for the CtC videos !

Merci beaucoup, and I hope I’ll be shredding sooner than I expect !

Sorry for my bad english, a French guy from Switzerland, that was born in Dominican Republic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Swaal!

Are you aware of our Scholarship program? Have a look below :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I didn’t ! Sounds amazing, I’ll look into that, thank you :slight_smile:

Congrats for picking it back up - hopefully you stick with it because it’s very rewarding!

A small piece of advice - take it easy! After not playing for so long and then suddenly having the excitement hit you, it’s easy to play a little too much and potentially injure your hands doing it.

I sometimes go through phases where I’m playing way more than I usually do, it takes time for the hands to adjust to this - you don’t want an RSI injury to ruin your progress. But hey, I’ve given into the temptation countless times myself.

Best of luck and enjoy it :slight_smile:

Jonny

1 Like

Thank you for your advice ! And your so right ahah, my fingers on the left hand are were already painful three days in, the bends are ripping my skin off, especially on the ring finger ! But it’s starting to get better and I can now play 2-3 hours with not much pain !

Thanks to the exams I’ll have to slow down on the guitar anyway :slight_smile: Thanks for the welcome !

1 Like