Gus G Picking Motion

What picking motion do you think Gus G uses?

To me when he speeds up it looks like an USX wrist motion with the use of swiped notes for trapped string changes. I’m also not seeing a lot of rotation that you’d expect from inside string changes so I’m guessing he uses legato to get around those problems? :slightly_smiling_face:

Weirdly with single string sequences he seems to use DSX elbow, similar in appearance to Vinnie Moore’s motion

Are you guys seeing what I’m seeing? :smiley:

1 Like

There used to be an awesome double lesson from Gus g on YouTube, it was from young guitar, but I can no longer seem to find it. I remember he was using a krank amplifier and there were some really cool licks in it.

There was fast and slow and it was easy to learn from. I will see if I can find it and post a link because you can see everything he does up close.

1 Like

to me it does look like USX for the 2 notes per string stuff as well as he seems to use his thumb as a secondary motion a little when he needs to change strings on the down stroke to get the lift he needs on other type riffs.

Yep, definitely a lot of thumb motion, kinda similar to Cesario Filho!

Sounds great, I’d definitely appreciate that! He used to have some great clips from 10+ years ago on his YT channel back when it was called “FireTV” but I think he’s taken them down now :frowning: