Guten Tag from Cologne/Germany

Hello there,

I discovered the Cracking the Code series some time ago and enjoyed the first season so, so much. Favorite bands of my teenage years have been guitar heroes, especially Vai, Gilbert, Malmsteen, Timmons (I could go on and on), metal bands on the shreddier side of things, like Children of Bodom and Sinergy, and guitar oriented music in general. I used to watch tons of interviews in guitar mags with the players of these bands, which often led me to ressources like Intense Rock, Rock Guitar Discipline, Steve Vais 30h Workout among others.
Now in my early thirties, I still listen to some metal but at the same time my taste in music broadened for the last decade.

Back to CtC: Apart from the entertainment aspect, I learned that what I often thought to be the most limiting factor in my picking speed when crossing strings is in fact not decisive - inside picking. Instead, I seem to be an upward pick slanter by nature, which explains, why I can play that one lick pretty quick and struggle with most of the others. To test this, I constructed some lines which can be played with uwps exclusively and was amazed how easy things got (relatively speaking, of course).

My next step is to use what’s already there as a starting point to twps.

Oh, I favor Ibanez guitars but I got a nice Haar Tele some weeks ago.

I look forward to take part in the discussion and will make up my mind, which product makes most sense for me at the moment (will post a topic on that later).

Greetings
KH

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to hear you’re seeing results - thanks for stopping in.

1 Like