Guys, I need serious help

Confirming, same for me, and once I sign in I get a “You need permission” notice. @Gtrjunior usually easiest to upload the video to YouTube (if you don’t want it public, set to ‘unlisted’ but not ‘private’) and that way you can just paste the link in and it’ll auto-embed nicely on the forum.

1 Like

I had link sharing turned off…let’s try again

Video visible now.

Playing in this example looks very good to me.

How about when you take this lick and try to move it from string to string?

Edit: You said in your first post that you “still suck” at the Yngwie six note pattern, and this doesn’t look so suck-y to me, lol.

1 Like

Well, I can do it but it would be sloppy at this speed. I can try to record something after work and post it.
This speed has been a hurdle that I haven’t been able to overcome. But truth be told I haven’t been drilling it with a metronome either

That’s one reason I need to get a practice routine in place.
I tend to play an exercise for a little while and then I wander off into noodle-land.

Edit: thank you for your kind words. It has gotten better but like I said, it has turned into a hurdle for me.

If I were in your shoes, I’d still work on the double-escaped stuff (and the CTC material with Andy Wood is my favorite source), but I’d also be dusting up on a progression of gradually increasing complexity for Yngwie sixes stuff:

1. Yngwie sixes on one string in one position
  2. Yngwie sixes on one string with position shifts
  3. Yngwie sixes with infrequent string changes between adjacent strings
  4. Yngwie sixes with frequent string changes between adjacent strings
  5. Yngwie sixes with infrequent string changes between arbitrary strings
  6. Yngwie sixes with frequent string changes between arbitrary strings
  7. All of the above with bigger position shifts
1 Like

I will do EXACTLY that.
I’ll design a routine where I can work on this one technique.
I’ll also start exploring the Andy Wood stufff.
I’ve watched the interviews in the past but I really don’t remember much about them.
Time for a refresher!!
Thank you man!

Hope it helps. But also be sure to make some time for more “musical” aspects of practice while you brush up on that stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, we are working on chord comping in a 12 bar blues in my lessons. So that’s def in the practice schedule too.

And yes, I’m sure your advise will help. I was kinda stuck and not really knowing what else to do with this pattern. You’ve given me lots of ideas!!