Halloween Songs

Anybody doing any Halloween or Scary songs? I did this one today. lol.

Not a personal contribution, but in the spirit of Halloween, I must post this:

1 Like

Uncle Ben has a few horror theme lessons on his channel, here’s a lesson for the Exorcist

1 Like

What the hell?!?!?! lmao

@Ian Cool man

Avenged Sevenfolds’s songs are amazing for Halloween. Songs like "Save me, “Tonight the world dies” are perfect for such a theme. Their rhythm guitarist has a playlist on Spotify for halloween songs https://open.spotify.com/user/avengedsevenfoldofficial/playlist/6YViiLXB2ziB0RpFT3yvTr

Here’s another one for ya, Boys!!! Me and Teddy re-did Thriller from scratch. I had to sing in my bear voice, I can’t do high vocals. I played everything also. :rofl: :bear:

Happy Halloween!

3 Likes

Hey @Frylock and @Troy

I’m afraid to ask AGAIN… But am I in the correct dwps forearm rotation position at 3:05 in the above video? :confused:

I’m afraid to ask AGAIN… But am I in the correct dwps forearm rotation position at 3:05 in the above video? :confused:

Looks really good to me. You have a nice DWPS position and the speed and cleanliness is there. If it feels comfortable it looks like you’re set.

1 Like

Looks and sounds good to me. I don’t there’s a single “correct” way to do forearm rotation dwps, as long as you’re clearing the strings and getting the tone and consistency that you want. My subjective experience has been that it becomes more difficult to maintain consistent pick attack and accuracy with forearm rotation when the wrist is flatter rather than more flexed, but if you’re getting the consistency you want, then it shouldn’t matter.

I didn’t look closely at whether you’re still doing any of your old finger movements in this clip, but even if you are, it doesn’t seem to me that they’re causing you any problems here.

Maybe one of the descending lines sounded a little rougher than some of the rest, but only under the guitar nerd microscope.

1 Like

Thanks @Ian :sunglasses::+1:

Thanks guys. I just started doing this and it feels comfortable and like it can be really fast. I just have to get used to some muting adjustments and stuff.

This looks pretty good Hank! It’s a little hard to tell but it looks more deviation than rotation. And as other have pointed out it’s not clear how much finger motion is still present. If you look at the other fingers, they do seem to be moving back and forth in time with the picking motion, which implies that the whole hand is really moving, and not just the index/finger thing. So you’re on the right track here and you just have to keep checking and double checking that you’re actually doing the movement you want to be doing.

You’re also doing a good job of making practice musical and fun. The more of this song oriented stuff and through the changes type stuff, the better your musical vocabulary will be when you come out the other side.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I guess I’m a deviation guy. I don’t know how to do forearm rotation then. I thought I was. lmao. :rofl: You’re right, I need to keep watching my pick hand when I’m playing. A magnet would be badass.

Thank you!
That lead totally didn’t fit in the song but I thought it would be funny.

Later :sunglasses::+1:

Fry, I’m trying to find a high quality version of that video… They only have a short clip… Lol

It started life as just a few-seconds-long cutaway gag on 30 Rock. The “full length” audio was created after the fact, and I don’t know about the exact circumstances.

1 Like

Ok, I see. Someone took the short clip and cut it up over the full song. That 8 seconds is probably all that 30 rock’s production did for it.

From my phone it looked like the video was purposely edited to be glitchy, because the chic (or looks like a chic) moving back n forth looked funny as hell. It would have been a hilarious idea to incorporate cuts like that in the Real HD version, if they would have made one.

Which is funny/sad in it’s own right when you consider the time and energy involved in set, costumes, and makeup to get those 8 seconds. Even if they shot more footage, I think the hook from the chorus was the only music that had been written.

1 Like

I was hanging out talking to Teddy today. lmao :rofl:

1 Like

Cool video, Hank!

Have a good Halloween everyone.

1 Like

This happened a year ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SHTJzqoTpM

1 Like

Thanks man! Hey, I like the profile pick. Lol

Awesome @milehighshred lmao :rofl:
The Taylor Swift is my favorite. Nickelback scared me to death though :ghost:

Hey, here’s my Taylor Swift guitar. I still don’t know any songs :sob: