Hard Shell Case for a Charvel Model 4?

I’ve been trying to find a case for my Model 4, but I’m finding it impossible. These guitars have a pointy, pitched-back headstock, and full strat body shape, which makes finding a case for it difficult. I’ve tried all of the cases I have, and the tip of the headstock touches the bottom, putting stress on the neck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Perhaps they might have some ideas? :thinking:

[email protected]
PHONE: (480)596-9690

Charvel Guitars
17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I already contacted them. Apparently they’re now owned by Fender, since that’s who responded. Their response was:

Yea those were made a little different than current models. If the current Charvel cases don’t fit you may have to do a gig bag as they are flexible.

FE610 Electric Guitar Gig Bag | Accessories

Regards,

The SKB case for Jackson Soloist/Dinky is no good?

1 Like

I did some searching with that in mind and found some posts similar to this:

Most of the grey chainsaw cases that come up will fit a Model 1 - 4 (full-size strat, regular headstock), but the ones made for the Soloist-shaped neckthroughs (Model 5 & 6) or for the models with a Dinky body & reverse headstock (3DR, Model 88) won’t.

Is that what you were thinking, or a variation of it?

Also: Alternative to Charvel Chainsaw Case (for pointy headstock, full Strat bodies)? - JCFonline.com

I had one of these guitars for ten years and used a hardshell rectangular case with the appropriate places for a model 4. Unfortunately, the only picture I could find had my Jackson Soloist in it at the time of the pic:

sl2b

1 Like

Interesting! What kind of case was it? Also, what do you mean, “the proper places for a Model 4”? Were there extra pieces of padding inserts to lift the neck up, or the body?