Has anyone ever found the "perfect" guitar for themselves?

Perfection requires a tungsten Floyd block for your axe, but it seems to be fantastic!

1 Like

Agree that this is pretty much a must have for me too. Can’t stand my hand knocking against the volume knob.

My perfect guitar (as far as I know) is my musicman JP6. Although I’m a Petrucci fanboy now, I wasn’t when I bought it. I went into a shop to by a Ibanez Jem, which was sold an hour or so before I got there. Wping away my tears (joke), I looked up and saw a JP6 and thought it looked great. 15 mins of playing was all it took and threw my cash at the store owner. Boom!

1 Like

if you haven’t played the yjm strat dont be afraid to take a chance on it i did and i love it … iv played teles for the last oh idk 10 years??? at first i was like idk about this strat but since iv spent some time with it i really really enjoy playing it and you could always sand off his name i thought about doing that but they are expensive haha i got one of the newer ones i think and even with the deep scalloped the neck is beefy love the brass nut and all the fixings and the look of a vintage 70s strat head stock is killer

1 Like

Truly fantastic guitars them YJMs. I feel so smug looking at all those top dollar guitars I used to drool over. Now it’s more YJMs if at all, after years of having three or four boutique guitars sitting in their cases, it’s liberating to have just the one waiting on a stand to be played many times a day!

I just picked this up a few weeks ago. It took the Gibson Custom shop a year to make it for me. It’s got great tone, and easy to play. Just not sitting down. Haha

2 Likes

I’m not one to normally drool over a Gibson, but that looks tasty!!! Love the deep colour!

1 Like

Thanks! I love that guitar! Wanted it because it’s pretty rare and very few people have it. Should look good on stage as well. :metal:

I had one of those for years. Great guitar for a very low price. Had two issues with it: filed, very low frets and it was neck-heavy.

Fretwork was fully professionally done, but I don’t like the sticky feeling of fingers on the fretboard.

All can be forgiven, because it just sings.

1 Like

Yeah mine had a sticky neck for sure.