Have you found the perfect guitar seat?

Do you perch on a chair? A stool? Your bed?
What seat do you sit on for strum or for shred?
Do you like it to swivel or stay fixed in place?
How 'bout a nice rail for your foot to be braced?

Is it low to the ground or perhaps a bit higher?
Is it comfy for hours with Strat or with Squier?
Is it just a flat seat or does it have a back?
Is it fuchsia or turquoise or classic jet black?

TL;DR we’re looking to get another chair and/or stool or two for the studio, to make sure we have a real comfortable seat both for filming our own stuff and for guests we bring in for interviews.

We have a swivel stool with footrest rail thing that works well for us, but it’s kind of falling apart. We’d love any suggestions if you have one you really like!

1 Like

I’ll be curious to see some of the answers because I could use a new seat as well.

1 Like

I just use a regular wooden chair with a back and no arms. I usually sit in the classical position, so as long as I’ve got a foot rest I don’t mind. I brought an actual guitar foot rest for that (which is adjustable to make up for my giant height!) As long as I can put my foot up, i’m not super fussy on the actual chair.

It’s just my desk chair… minus the right arm rest. :smile: I also use a footrest since I play in classical position.

Im exactly the same unless I’m in front of the TV and my couch is the right height to sit without a foot rest.

Drum throne and classical position foot rest are my go to combo, good sir.

They can be a bit pricey, but I invested in a nice Roc N Soc chair a decade ago and love it. I’m on it for around 25 hrs each week (teaching), and it was a great investment. It’s built like a tank too.

If I’m at home, I usually lay on the couch :joy::joy:

Those Roc N Soc chairs look really cool…especially with a backrest. Pricey, but that has never stopped me when it comes to gear over the years and it looks as if it will pay off in comfort!