Hello and Congratulations!

Hello! I’ve been playing for about 6 years and my new guitar instructor told me about Troy. I’ve looked around a bit and am so happy to be a Kickstarter backer for The Magnet! Congratulations on a successful campaign!!

I haven’t focused too much on lead technique yet, but my instructor is helping me with that. I’m still trying to pick the “right” strings and am slowly getting my two hands to work together. I love Classic Rock, Blues, and Punk. I can’t wait to dive in and learn methods to more economical picking and making my playing sound more musical.

I began with a teacher when I first started, but once we finished with a standard beginner book, they didn’t have much more to offer, so I moved to an internet based instructor based in England. Recently, I’ve noticed some stagnation and that’s why I’ve started with a really fantastic instructor near my home. Unfortunately, lessons have been a little spotty due to the 'Rona and my non-stop work schedule.

One of my latest breakthroughs is that I now know the Minor Pentatonic Scales in all keys and patterns! I had previously been stuck on “Pattern 1” (A minor), and not very good at making music with it or understanding it. I’m also working on major scales at the moment.

Thanks so much for having me and I can’t wait to dive in!!

2 Likes

Hey, sorry for the delayed reply :slight_smile: Thanks for joining and double thanks for supporting the Magnet on Kickstarter!

Hope you’re enjoying everything so far. Definitely us know if we can help you find anything and feel free to post any time if you have questions or something you’d like feedback on!

1 Like

Thank you! I am indeed and its okay; I’m sure you guys have been terribly busy the last few days!